Aug 6, 2009

So much for the summer vacation ...

Greetings, Northern New Mexico!
I am sure some of you have been wondering where I've been and why I've been so quiet. Well, even the best of us need a break ... so I took one from blogging (work is another matter altogether).

But now that we find ourselves just four days away from the first day of fall practice, it's time to get things in gear.

At Capital High on Tuesday, the Jaguars put an end to their summer with their "Night of Champions" weight lifting event. About 25 players took part in the action, with a crowd of about 40 bystanders.
These events are custom-made for grunts, primal screams, extreme feats of team bonding (mostly howls of encouragement) and in the end, trophy presentations.
And without further ado, here is how the evening went:

Bench press
Under 155 pounds division - Jesse Sanders, 225 pounds
155-185 pounds - Kevin Munks - 235 pounds
185 and above division - Brendon Bentz - 225 pounds
Squat
Under 155 - Sanders, 300 pounds
155-185 - Quinton Windham - 335 pounds
185 and above - To be determined
Power clean
Under 155 - Sanders - 185
155-185 Adrian Olivas - 200
185 and above - Bentz - 205

Pound for pound award - Windham

1 comment:

  1. When I cancelled my subscription, I was told by the circulation director that The New Mexican had so much more local news than the Journal, but since I don't live in Santa Fe, Pojoaque, or Los Alamos, I won't miss it. The only time any of the rest of Northern New Mexico is mentioned is when there is a scandal.

    ReplyDelete